Saturday, February 7, 2015

Big families can't..

My husband and son (9 years old) are away this weekend at a hockey tournament.  Before he left Cole looked at me with his big brown puppy dog eyes (man, they are BIG!) and asked why I couldn't go with them.  I wanted to, I really did.  Not because they are going anywhere exciting, or because I particularly love hockey but because I want to be at all of the kids "things".  And I can't.  My answer to Cole, and to all the kids when they ask when I can't be at something, is that they aren't an only child.  I wouldn't change it, and I know they wouldn't either, but I really wish I didn't have to miss a thing.  This weekend the girls had things on and so I had to stay home with them.  Next month I'm taking Em to Saskatoon (with baby) for a swim meet and Dave will stay home with the rest of the kids.

Big families can't be everywhere/do everything.   I hate that.  Thank goodness for FaceTime.  I sure do miss my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment